Emily Masnoon first stumbled upon yoga by accident in 2007 when a yoga teacher subbed for a pilates class that she attended each week. She immediately fell in love with yoga and began to attend the instructor’s yoga classes regularly. She also began downloading free yoga podcasts and started a home practice.
About a year later, Emily found Prana Power Yoga through a friend and began volunteering as a studio assistant in exchange for free yoga. Her heated power yoga practice took her love for yoga to a whole new level. She just couldn’t get enough.
Friends, family, and fellow yogi’s encouraged Emily to begin teaching so, in 2010, she completed Prana’s 200-hour Teacher Training, learning from Taylor and Philippe Wells, Jacqui Bonwell, Alex Amorosi, Lorraine Shedoudi, and a number of other amazing teachers, including Ray Mucci, Michelle Brenes, and Sue Jones.
Yoga has transformed Emily’s life physically, emotionally, and spiritually since that first accidental yoga class to the point where she cannot remember her life before or imagine her life without yoga. Teaching her students brings joy to her life and she feels so honored and excited to have the opportunity of helping them on their yoga journey.
Off the mat, Emily holds a Business Analyst position at a Cambridge software company. She is also a Reiki healer and Birth Doula. Her other hobbies include photography, interior decorating, gardening, beach-going, tea-drinking, Facebooking, music-listening, movie-watching, and spending time with her friends and family.
- 200-Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training – January-March 2010 – Prana Power Yoga
- 40-Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training – March 2010 – Barrett Reinhorn
- Reiki I Certification – November 2010 – Pay Iyer – Open Doors Healing Center
- Reiki II Certification – June 2011 – Pay Iyer – Open Doors Healing Center
- 26-Hour Doula Training – May 2012 – Thérèse Hak-Kuhn – toLabor
- 45-Hour Advanced Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training – March 2013 – Barrett Lauck Reinhorn
- 40-Hour Divine Sleep® Yoga Nidra Teacher Training – July 2013 – Jennifer Reis
- Rebozo Certification – July 2013 – Gena Kirby
- TummyTime!™ Tutor Certification – August 2013 – Michelle Emanuel
- AromaTouch® Technique – December 2013 – doTERRA International
Check out my interview with Angela Bell, licensed acupuncturist, as we talk birth plans, prenatal yoga, reiki and doula services!